Our teachers are highly trained, committed and talented musicians who have dedicated time to teaching students their craft. They have many years of experience and put in every effort to make lessons productive and fun!
We offer music lessons in the following areas:
How to make the most out of your music lessons!
- Students should be on time for their assigned lesson and have their music books and/or sheet music with them every week.
- Students bring home a weekly assignment with several elements. There are new pieces to be learned, scales to be mastered, technical exercises and written work specifically designed to reinforce the various musical concepts that we may be working on at the time. Practicing and completing all the assigned work from week to week is essential to the progress of the student.
- Students must carefully prepare for each lesson through careful and thoughtful daily practice. Beginning students should practice at least 20 minutes a day and as a student’s level increases, the time for practice should also.
- Parental/Guardian involvement is essential in the learning progress regardless of musical background or capability.
- Parents/Guardians of beginner students between the ages of 5 and 7 are encouraged to sit, observe and participate in their child’s music lessons for the first three months.
- Here are some suggestions to make lessons and practice a positive and rewarding experience:
- Have an accessible instrument at home
- Encourage your child in practice sessions by reminding them of practice directions in their notebook.
- Provide your child with a quiet and distraction-free practice environment.
- Praise your child for accomplishments. This is a strong incentive for the student to continue making progress.
- Establish a definite and consistent schedule for practice. Unless practice time is given a high priority, it will probably not take place.
- Be on time for your scheduled lesson. If a student arrives late to a lesson, they will be given the remaining minutes of their time slot.
- Always bring music books, notebooks, and any music you are practicing to every lesson.
- Do not enter the lesson room until your appointed time.
- Parents are allowed to sit in during lessons. Siblings or family members who may be distracting to the student are asked to remain outside the lesson room.